Tuesday 18 October 2011

The Hills are Alive with THE SOUND OF MUSIC

This year in St.Wolstans we are preforming 'The Sound Of Music'.


I'm an assistant director along with Shannon G and Lana. Ms.W is the overall director and I do not envy her, she has so much work to do with the musical but I know she's enjoying it.
That's where the three of us assistants come in, we try to help with everything we can like helping to direct scenes, making sure everyone shows up to rehearsals, organising props and costumes and so much more.
We have rehearsals four times a week for about an hour and a half, sometimes more, sometimes less but mostly more! Everyday we cover more ground of the musical and we see everything coming together a little bit more.
I really enjoy directing and I defiantly will think about it as a career. Before 'The Sound of Music' I didn't think directing was something I'd like but now, thanks to Ms.W, I have yet another career option.
'The Sound of Music' takes place from December 5th till December 8th and no doubt it will be fabulous! For more information visit "The Sound of Music' blog!
Great work in the musical so far everyone, hope it all pays off.

xo-M

No comments:

Post a Comment