Thursday 15 September 2011

Carlingford Baby (day one)

It was an early start to Carlingford Adventure Centre in Co. Louth, everyone was so excited that the tiredness did not enter the bus! When we arrive to the quaint village of Carlingford we all thought we had entered an movie set from an olden day Disney movie.
We dropped our bags and headed straight up the steep mountain (the first exhausting trip of many). Our instructors Matt and Daniel got everyone buzzed and into our camouflage jumpsuits and matching hats. We then began laser tag!
It was unbelievably fun and everyone got involved straight away, we felt like little kids with toy guns, but I guess that's what we were really! I got the very lucky job of minding Bruno Junior who was the laser tag mascot, a little teddy bear who I kept by my side for the whole duration of our Carlingford visit :)
Sadly we had to leave laser, but not without the blue team (GO BLUES) beating the red team on numerous occasions.
The day continued the lunch, a challenge course and dinner. By dinner time everyone was half asleep and up to their necks in dirt. That didn't stop us though, we could not wait to head out again for Night Line!
We headed up to the forest, by the time we arrived darkness had fallen everywhere, which in a forest is pretty scary. Not so sure why but I decided to stand at the front meaning I would be leading half my year though a dark forest, BLINDFOLDED. Good thinking Meg! Once we got started though I began to overcome my fears, slightly. Luckily the very good looking Simon, was beside me telling me if I was about to fall over a log or walk into a tree. Using our Chinese whispers skills we got through the forest and completed Night Line without losing anyone to the bears!
Recked but still buzzing from the Carlingford air we spent our night in the comfy common room with our friends from St. Marys in Drogheada.  They were a school of Ty boys and everyone made friends instantly. We had a huge sing-song and a great laugh, disappointed the night was over we headed to bed. Luckily most of my 12 man room got a few hours sleep since we were recked from our amazing first day! 

to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment