Sunday 22 April 2012

Favourite TY Moment

Okay this is impossible!| There has been so many moments this year that have been a one in a life time experience. Picking my favourite, I just cannot do it! I have been thinking about what to choose all week...


Although one moment that really has stuck in my head happened in the beginning of 2012. The third years were getting a talk on Tansition Year, the pros and cons (defiantly more pros!)
Catriona needed help from another Transiton Year student in her class to do the talk last minute. So Caitriona and I sat outside the hall while Mrs. L told the third years all about TY from a teachers perspective. 
Caitriona and I had a piece a paper ready to go with so many different events you take part in during TY. 
When we started to talk to the third years I really began to think about how amazing each experience had been. Telling them all about Carlingford Adventure Centre. All the jokes like chasing sheep up mountains, everyone getting lost in orienteering and late night sing-songs by the fire.
Then on to the amazing opportunities brought with work experience and all the time spent at new extra curriculum activities, I could have spent hours sharing everything that the musical had brought and I know if I had been in any other year I would not have had the time to put as much in to the musical and equally get out of it as I did this year! There was so much more we both had to rush through like the excitement of Zumba every week, the thrill of a new Thursday afternoon activity and throwing TY parties!
Caitriona and I stood in front of the third years and I know we both realized every achievement you can get out of TY. That's why this talk was one of my favorite moments of Transition Year, it brought together all the memories of the great days, mornings and afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment